Friday, September 11, 2015

The people who don't remember their history, are doomed to repeat it.

Today, September 11th we remember a special event that still remain in the people's consciousness. In 1973 it happened the "Golpe Militar" where Salvador Allende, the president on those days, dies on an air attack to "La Moneda", the government house. 
About this day, I just feel sadness of thinking how was living on period of dictatorship, how many people were tortured and how now their families are still suffering about the missing people. Also, I feel really angry because many of that people was tortured only because they thought different. Musicians, writters, even common people were tortured and killed too because of that. It's really scary and just imagine it, it gives me goosebumps.
I think that it isn't Ok JUST complain about human rights violated 40 years ago, I think that now, our work is fight against this violations. In that way we don't have to live something like that again.
On the other hand, it's kind of funny how the state of Chile dealt with the people responsible for these crimes, they were living on luxurious prisons instead of paying in their own flesh for the victims. If their lifes were in my hands I would send them to the worst prisons in the world.
About people building barricades, burning tyres and being violent on this day, I think that it's not the solution or the form to remember the cruelty of the dictatorship and the missing people. I can understand that there's some angry against the system, but this only brings violence, destruction and chaos. Besides is only young people that cause this and they didn't live in days of dictatorship so they aren't the real affected. I think they want to express their angry about their families and the people who lived this, but I repeat, it's not the form or the solution to remind or make justice for this day.
In my opinion it's not outdated and it never will, because it's part of the history of our country and it will be remembered forever.




7 comments:

  1. Hi Valeria, I also agree that it is a fact that part of our history , so you can not forget. Grettings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we can no forget, because it was a day that chaged the history in Chile

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with the risible way to criminals that tortured and killed people are paying for their crimes. Shame on Puntapeuco and shame on the goverment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you in all your post. I want to emphasize that never would be an outdated, while all the Chilean people still govern by the dictatorship´s rules or all the people still suffer social inequalities by this society system.
    Greetings =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its true that we can forget what happened, i agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also think it will be a day that will be remembered in Chile for much longer time.

    ReplyDelete