Friday, September 25, 2015

Tiki tiki tiii (?)

For me, Fiestas Patrias, it's just the opportunity to have a very good time with my family and friends. I think it's because I don't really get the point of it or I'm simply the grinch of patriotic celebrations. Anyway, I take advantage of this and enjoy the celebration. Most of the time I spent this holidays on relatives houses or in my own house, but I remember one in particular because I had a really great time.
It was 4 years ago on Juan Pablo's house, an old friend I don't have anymore for some reasons, and I was partying almost non stop for 2 days. It was the peak of my youth, I think, because nowadays I don't last that time awake. 
We were 15 people and I remember we were playing to throw a ball to make cans fall and also we were throwing rings to bottles in the evening. As you can see we actually didn't do any traditional games like "rayuela" or "palo encebado", but then, after this few games, we danced cueca and cumbia all night long, and we also played cards and xbox.
While we were dancing, we drank a lot of chicha, white wine, terremoto and piscolas. The party was so good that when we wanted to sleep we realized that it was 9:00 am of the next day, and this wasn't everything, because at 10:00 am my dad was waiting for me to go to a barbecue on his house with my whole family. So I couldn't sleep and obviously I had to stay awake all day sharing with my loved ones, eating empanadas and anticuchos with a lot of pebre, and still drinking chicha and terremoto.
It were 2 days full of food, drinks, games and very good people! I really loved that holiday, but I still don't change it for my last Fiestas Patrias because it was more homely, and I enjoyed with my little son, and nothing compares to him.

5 comments:

  1. wow this sounds like the world's best earned hangover imo. the last part is really cute as well, it's great that you feel content whit where you are in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with, the holidays could be a very good opportunity to share with family.
    I love it !
    regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fiestas Patrias are holidays, therefore the important is enjoyed very much. Eat, dance, drink, rest and other things, that in the year is not posible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the same, nothing compares with spend time with the people that you love most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like cueca and cumbia always go together for national holidays

    ReplyDelete