Saturday, October 31, 2015

National product.

So, today is the turn of a chilean writer that I find very interesting and I like him a lot. 
I'm talking about Hernán Rivera Letelier. He was born in 1950 in Talca, but was raised in the north of Chile.
His books are known because he usually writes about the nitrate works, or ghost towns near the desert of Chile. 
I got to know him because my father reads a lot, and when I was younger he bought me a book of Rivera Letelier. It was "Los trenes van al Purgatorio" and I loved it. So, a few years later I went to FILSA with my father and there I bought another book of him, "El fantasista". In that opportunity I had the luck that right in that moment, Hernán Rivera Letelier was in FILSA too. So when I met him I was very nervous but I had the chance to tell him I love his books because they take me to another world, and also it's interesting for me to read about something that feels closer to reality. And as if that weren't enough, he signed me the book.
On the other hand, I find him a humble person because he has talking about his hard childhood. Also, he considers himself a "storyteller" instead of a writer.
So, I recommend you, if you have the chance to read a book of Hernan Rivera Letelier, go and read it because his stories are very northern, full of culture and magic, and of course because he is a chilean writer!



2 comments:

  1. I have never read him before. I will make a note with the texts you write about for read it in summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valeria,This author did not know , Thanks for make it known .

    ReplyDelete